Fwd: Re: Sales tax collections and dispersal

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Nov 4 02:52:39 EST 2014

Sorry, forgot the list...

Maf.

Subject: Re: Sales tax collections and dispersal
Date: Tue 4 November 14, 07:50:50
From: Maf. King <maf at chilwell.net>
To: Fast Radio <fastradio at yahoo.com>

On Tue 4 November 14 02:33:00 Fast Radio wrote:
> This seems wrong to me.
>
> I used the method similar to the out outlined in the book

Hi,

As a business, when you add sales tax to a transaction (ie invoice or sale
receipt), that tax component is not your money, it is the government's, which
you happen to be looking after for them for a while.  In the UK, you only pay
the difference between what you have charged, and what you have been charged
on your purchases - other tax regimes are available so YMMV.

I'm not familiar with the book, could you give a potted version of what you do
to track GST/VAT?

0.02
Maf.
Maf. King
PGP Key fingerprint = 8D68 A91F 733B 2C1F 43B7  2B7C E591 E8E1 0DE7 C542