Account Access

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 07:58:09 EST 2014

Hello David,

I am wondering why you has choosen Alex ad me instead of the gnucash
user list. See http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists

Am 03.11.2014 um 23:15 schrieb ford35 @dslextreme.com:
> 1.  If we install GnuCash 2.6.4-2, will it affect transactions in the
> account set up under 2.6.3?

The program and your data files are different things, see
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#GnuCash_Files_and_managing_a_GnuCash_installation

And no, the data structure does usually not change between minor releases.

> 2.  How do we install a second set of accounts? - i.e., we already have
> one set up for one entity; we would like to set up a second one for a
> different entity that is separate from the first.

Just select File->New File to run the assistant again and save the  file
with a different name, e.g. name the first MyHousehold and the second
MyCompany.

Perhaps you will have a few dupicate transactions, e.g.
in MyHousehold you move an amount from assets:bank to assets:mycompany,
in MyCompany from equity:David to assets:bank (increasing both)

> Thank you for your help,
>

> David Sanborn

HTH
Frank