Deposits Report

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Wed Nov 5 09:09:19 EST 2014

TanyaMc

We're dealing with fundamentals.

Revenue Statement (Income Statement aka P&L) but a non-profit uses this
term for it for a period plus Balance Sheet before and after. These show
ONE view of the financials.

Cash Flow Report shows ANOTHER

They are not equivalent. An organization could be doing fine in terms of
the former but have a cash flow problem (not enough money in hand) or
conversely, have no immediate cash problem but be bleeding equity
(expenses more than income). As treasurer you may need to produce BOTH
sets of reports to your board.

Michael

PS: I do not know how much help I can be if you aren't willing to
consider that the problem might be with how you set up your chart of
accounts. That is NOT simply that earlier I spoke of the usual way of
handling restricted funds (as liabilities) because if you look at what I
wrote I did point out that could (also) be negative assets. But just
saying using an asset account does NOT mean that account placed in the
account tree properly, all the parent/child relationships correct.