GNUcash - Bank statement short

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Wed Nov 5 21:17:49 EST 2014

Maf. King wrote:

>On Wed 5 November 14 12:36:26 David Whiteley wrote:
>

>>Our art group bank statement for September is short $8 on a $128 deposit.
>>This will be corrected by the bank in the November bank statement.
>>
>>What are the proper procedures to make the September and November
>>Reconciliations zero?

If you want to get fancy, add a temporary child account "bank error".

But I wouldn't bother if will be corrected in a month. I once had to
carry a "bank error" for many, many months until the bank decided how
they were going to correct it << because in the account of a non-profit
they were considering simply donating it to us >>

Michael