can't remember password

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Sat Nov 8 17:57:04 EST 2014

george wrote:

I am going to guess that you mean your password for this mail list. You
want to change your mail preferences, switch to digest mode, suspend for
while on vacation, etc.

In which case note the following. See that "mailman" in the web address?
That implies that the listbot, the program that manages the list is the
popular "mailman". This listbot can be ordered about with batch commands
via email and each mail list under its management has a associated
address to receive those commands. If the list address is xxx at yyy then
that command address will be xxx-request at yyy and there is a basic
request for help (show me all the commands I can use, their syntax, etc.)

So send an email to gnucash-user-request at gnucash.org with "help" in the
subject line (without the quotes). You should then receive back from
mailman instructions how to do all sorts of things, one of which will be
"send me my password".

Michael