First account qfx balance issues

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 10 17:38:07 EST 2014

Not seeing any replies yet, I'll note that there are a lot of potential reasons why your numbers don't align.

Taking one: Are you sure that your opening balance figure matches the bank balance at the point of your OFX file? Many times, the dates on which a transaction is registered can differ, depending on your perspective. For example, you might write a check on November 1, but the bank doesn't cash it until November 10. If you have rolled a transaction into your opening balance that is then included in the OFX data, your balances will be off.

I am sure others can offer other suggestions. It may be necessary for you to give us a little more detail to help further.

HTH,
David