Gnucash Crashing during QIF import

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Nov 12 07:50:06 EST 2014

On Tuesday 11 November 2014 21:12:58 Damon Hudac wrote:
> Desktop OS: Linux mint Quiana
> Desktop Gnucash: Version 2.6.1
> Android Gnucash: Version 1.5.1
>
> I have used Gnucash Android in the past to keep track of money that I
> spend when I'm out. While it was always a bit quirky trying to import
> my transactions, I never had this much trouble. Maybe a recent
> Android app update introduced a bug?
>
> Here's what happens:
>
> 1) (Phone) I export transactions to my SD card on my phone as QIF
> 2) (Phone) I copy the QIF file to my desktop computer over Samba/my
> LAN
>
> Rest of the steps are on my Desktop PC
>
> 3) File - Import - Import qif...
> 4) Choose the qif file that's stored locally on my desktop
> 5) Click Forward
> 6) Click Start
> 7) Gnucash immediately crashes
>
> When I restart, it warns that it cannot obtain the lock file, and I
> tell it to "Open anyway."
>
> I also have problems importing OFX files from the Android app, but I
> will put that in a separate email.
>
> Does anyone know a workaround to this? Is there a place to file bug
> reports? Are there logs stored somewhere that would help explain
> what's happening?

Hi Damon,

I'm sorry to hear about this crash.

However to better analyze what happens we need some more information. In particular
the trace file that was generated during the crash might show more details [1].

Can you post it to this list ?

Thank you,

Geert

[1] http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Tracefile