Summarising accounts within a specified timeframe

Rich Stanton richstanton at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 10:25:15 EST 2014

Hi,

I'm after a report from gnucash that I'm sure must exist, but I can't
find it. All I want to do it put in a date range, specify how many
levels deep to go, and have a list of each account, along with the total
from that account in the timeframe.

It's for a tax return, I'm sure I've done it before, but I can't
remember how. I've tried a cash flow report, but that only shows money
going to each account (i.e. if I paid for some car insurance, then got
some money back, the money back isn't included in the total). I can run
a search for the right dates, then do an account report, and that gives
me the correct info - but that means doing it for each individual
account. Is there a way to get a report for all accounts at once?

Thanks,

Rich