building gnucash with guile-1.8

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Fri Nov 14 01:01:21 EST 2014

On 2014-11-13, 21:29 GMT, Stuart McGraw wrote:
> I was able to build gnucash-2.6.1 on my ancient Fedora-15
> system with guile-1.8.8 using the standard "./configure &&
> make install" dance with no problems.

If you want to have old version maintained for a long time,
I would strongly suggest RHEL/CentOS (even 7 is more recent than
what you have, and 6 is not that far from what you have ... it
was based on Fedora 13).  Using distro which is more than two
years EOSed
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/15?rd=Releases/15/Schedule)
seems really silly to me. Just with the number of security fixes
which went to the later Fedoras (and not to you) I would be
afraid using this system at all.

And of course, needless to say that GNUCash is being maintained
for EPEL and there is 2.6 for EPEL7, and 2.4 for EPEL6
respectively.
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=392

Best,

Matěj