Is there a simple way to enter Custodial and Account Maintenance Fees in a gnucash mutual fund

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 20:59:30 EST 2014

I've encountered something similar from Vanguard. They tell you it's a mutual fund, but don't tell you any share information. (It gets really messy when you have a 401 and a Roth 401, and they roll them into one undifferentiated account--which they did--honest!)

If your account does track shares, then there will have to have been a reduction in that number to pay for the account fee, which you could use to determine the transaction (# of shares and account fee will yield share price). It may be that they hide the share information.

If your account really doesn't have share information (I've seen this with one of my Vanguard accounts), then you simply have to treat it like a cash account--or at least, that was the best I could figure out.

David