Is there a simple way to enter Custodial and Account Maintenance Fees in a gnucash mutual fund

John Cattell jc.jcattell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 13:34:29 EST 2014

Hi PT,

Not sure if you regard this as simple or maybe this is what you do already.
But I have a separate expense account for each cost associated with a stock
or fund. ( I should also mention each stock or fund has it's own asset
account) So, on initial purchase for example I'll split out commision to an
expense account, stamp duty ( here in UK) to another expense acoount etc.
If you have annual custodial fees these can be entered as they arise, as
above credit the asset account debit the expense account.

All the best.

John.