Stock price alerts using GNC-FQ

Abhijit Kshirsagar abhijit86k at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 01:53:52 EST 2014

Hello all,

I've got gnucash configured to pull quotes for stocks in my portfolio
using a cron script.
What i'd like to do is to tell it to check the price for certain criteria, e.g.
upper limit, lower limit, intraday rise/fall, % change etc - and pop
up a notification or send an email.
The key is that the prices to compare with will come from gnucash
(e.g. Basis value, last known price etc)

I'd like to know if someone has done this already - or if there are
any tools that, in particular, can integrate with gnucash in this
fashion.

TIA,
Abhijit