Stock price alerts using GNC-FQ

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 18:30:04 EST 2014

Am 18.11.2014 um 17:13 schrieb Derek Atkins:
> Hi,
>
> Abhijit Kshirsagar <abhijit86k at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I've got gnucash configured to pull quotes for stocks in my portfolio
>> using a cron script.
>> What i'd like to do is to tell it to check the price for certain criteria, e.g.
>> upper limit, lower limit, intraday rise/fall, % change etc - and pop
>> up a notification or send an email.
>> The key is that the prices to compare with will come from gnucash
>> (e.g. Basis value, last known price etc)
>>
>> I'd like to know if someone has done this already - or if there are
>> any tools that, in particular, can integrate with gnucash in this
>> fashion.
>
> As far as I know, nobody has done anything like this.
> GnuCash currently does not have that functionality.
> I'm not sure how much work it would be to create it.

Perhaps it could be a GSoC project GC Asset Management:
* Improve the commodity editor to store more quotes than 'last'.
* Improve the price editor to
   display the time additional to the date,
   add filters for price type and time ranges,
   import quote histories,
* Add analytical reports, including their documentation.
* Last but not least Abhijits trigger

:
> -derek

~Frank