Ratio of savings to expenses

Rob Cussons robcussons at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 03:13:56 EST 2014

Hi Michael,

thanks very much for your help.

I'm not sure I understand your comment of "Insufficient". I'm interested in
calculating my savings to income ratio as per:
http://tinyurl.com/79jy62q
which requires the following calculation:
(savings each month including pension contributions by myself and employer
and company share schemes) / (gross income - (income tax + NI) + employer's
pension contributions)

I would like to be able to track how this changes on a monthly basis with
relatively little effort, although I understand your point about black
boxes. Is a standard report plus manually extracting the data the only way
to do this or can I customise a report somehow to achieve this?

Many thanks for your help!