Online Actions Only Check One Account

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Nov 29 23:11:41 EST 2014

> On Nov 29, 2014, at 1:06 PM, Max Gravitt <max.gravitt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have GnuCash connected to a few online banks.  When I go to "Actions ->
> Online Actions -> Get Transactions", it only checks one bank. This happens
> no matter which account I have open at the given time. When I delete and
> re-create the user using the AqBanking wizard, it's able to connect but it
> just doesn't connect when I trigger "Get Transactions".
>
> It doesn't ask me for my password for the particular bank I'm trying to
> download transactions for either. This was working up until about a week
> ago.
>
> Any thoughts or advice on how to troubleshoot this?

It's *supposed* to query the online stuff associated with the account whose register has focus; that should be only one bank at a time. Do you mean that you can only query one bank regardless of which account's register is open?

GnuCash will remember your password if you tell it to; having done that, it won't prompt you for it again. You can turn that off in Preferences>Online Banking.

Regards,
John Ralls