Non-profit / charity / fund accounting, example help, please

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Sun Nov 30 09:30:34 EST 2014

>Maybe the list topic description should be changed to be just about "how to do
>this with GC"?
>
>0.02
>Maf.

Second that.

As I have repeatedly said, I am NOT an accountant, not qualified to give
advice about WHAT you would be doing (as opposed to how to do that what
using gnucash) and this especially true when dealing with other
jurisdiction where I have no experience reporting. Which I why I keep
repeating "get professional advice" or if you are trying to do it by
yourself, get books covering the subject. It's one thing knowing on a
personal level (having seen the financial reports of larger charities to
act as examples and having filled out reports to governmental
jurisdictions) "what you are proposing to do isn't the usual accounting
standard; there's more to this".

Michael D Novack