import function does not work on GnuCash android

Mohamed Abdalla mm84010 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 11:07:03 EDT 2014

Hi,

I installed GnuCash on my laptop and my mobile, Samsung Galaxy S III
mini. I tried to test the export/import functionality according to
this tutorial "gnucash-android-account-import-guide"

However, a strange thing happened.

I exported an XML version and moved to the download folder of my
mobile and to Google Drive in order to import them by GnuCash Android
version.
However, when I selected "import GnuCash account" the screen goes
directly to the songs folder , for the music player, and lists my
songs and there is tabs for Albums, Arstists and Folders!
I traverse to the download folder but I can see only mp3 files. I
changed the file extension from gnucash to mp3 and send it again to my
mobile. I saw it this time but when I click on it I get this message
"Sorry the player does not support this type of audio file".

I checked my settings for my "default application" but there is a
setting for the chatting apps only.

Do you have any clue about this issue?

I am using GnuCash Android version 1.4.3

Mobile version:

- Android 4.4.2
- Kernel 3.4.0-1795769

Mohamed