VAT reverse charge, how to book in gnuCash?

LOOPING, Richard info at looping.nl
Wed Oct 1 12:22:10 EDT 2014

Hello all,

my first post here, although I follow the list for quite some time already.

My question is about booking of taxes, specifically VAT. I am in The
Netherlands, and have received an invoice from France.

The invoice states: "VAT reverse charge".
Until now, I have always ignored that issue by booking the invoice as if
there was no VAT at all, but obviously that is not correct.
The right way would be to book the VAT as both VAT payable AND VAT
receivable, but I cant find a way to do that automatically.

Does anyone have advice on how to get this into gnuCash the right way?
I hope I explained this clearly, I am not sure about the correct english
terms for all of this.... :S

Thank you already,

Richard