Cash versus Accrual Accounting

Mark Seeba mseeba at streamwrite.com
Fri Oct 3 11:12:20 EDT 2014

I use GnuCash for cash accounting for my business. Here is how I handle it:

1.       Sometimes I send invoices to customers unposted - You can still print  and send them

2.       If I need to track them on my receivables report, I have to post them

a.       You can post with a future post date

b.      Before closing the books at the end of the accounting period, you can unpost and repost any unpaid invoices into the next accounting period

Mark Seeba

MCSE: Communication

Streamwrite

Latest News: http://streamwrite.com/blog/

Direct: 510-923-9210

Fax: 510-420-4970

Service Desk: 800.333.8394 (Option 4)

www.streamwrite.com

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain information confidential to ATI and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient(s), you are notified that you have received this message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please delete this message and notify the sender immediately.