Announcement: Windows 2.6.4 Re-released. 2014-10-10

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Oct 11 06:07:40 EDT 2014

On Saturday 11 October 2014 10:51:39 Cristian Marchi wrote:
> Il 11/10/2014 10.17, Geert Janssens ha scritto:
> > Hi Cristian,
> >
> > I'm happy to hear from you again. It's been a while...
>
> Thanks Geert, I run almost out of free time but I had to check the new
> version!

Yes, free time is precious. We better spend it wisely, which sometimes
means we have to shift priorities. I do miss your translation
contributions though :) And that is meant as an expression of gratitude,
not as a way to put pressure on you !

> > That screenshot looks ugly :(
> >
> > It does remind me of similar reports in the recent past from Windows
> > users. This is the first time I see this on Windows XP though. Most
> > others were Windows 7 or 8.
> >
> > Just to check if it's the same issue, can you run the "Select Theme"
> > tool which ships with GnuCash and alter the default font ? (Which
> > one
> > was current by the way ?)
> >
> > You can find this tool in the start menu under the GnuCash group.
>
> I have the same problem in theme selector:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/6xc7im2xjjdceh8/theme-selector%202.6.4-1.jpg
> ?dl=0
>
> I've also tested older builds [1]. The two dated 2014-10-10 and
> 2014-10-07 displays as in the posted screenshot while the one dated
> 2014-10-03 is working as expected (except for the transparent popup
> bug already reported)
>
> [1] http://code.gnucash.org/builds/win32/maint/

I have just downloaded and installed the current release on my Windows
XP test machine. It displays fine here...

Did you in the past change the default theme/font ?
Do you have a .gtkrc-2.0 file in
c:\Documents and Settings\<username>\

If so, what happens if you move it out of the way and restart gnucash ?

Geert