very weird quirk noted, copying one computer to another

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sun Oct 12 15:20:46 EDT 2014

On Sunday 12 October 2014 11:15:59 Simon Bryant wrote:
> Thanks for the replies.
> Please bear with me, I'm a "user" not a "developer" and if there's
> someway to screw up something, I'll find it. Here's the situation:
> What  mean is I copy the .gnucash files as per the directions from
> the guide, section 2.7. To do this I "Save As" to a location. This is
> supposed to be my entire data file, correct?
Yes, it will save your entire data file.

> I then copy that file to
> a USB, walk over to a second Mac computer with the same operating
> system (OS10) and pop in the USB and open the file.
You're glossing over a small but important detail here: how did you open
the file ?

If you double-clicked it, you didn't open the file. Instead you opened
gnucash which automatically will load the last file it was saved.

This is a bug specific to the Mac OS X version of gnucash.

To remedy: once in gnucash, choose File->Open and navigate to the file
on your usb stick to open it.

Can you try this ?

Geert