Simple beginner help

Paula Hendricks paula at ph-webnet.com
Mon Oct 13 17:18:36 EDT 2014

depending on how finely you want to do all this in gnucash you can set up accounts for stores etc. i group items like groceries and don't break them down finer, but you could by setting up sub-accounts. if you want really fine detail on a lot of items i'm afraid gnu-cash or any accounting program might get cumbersome after a while.

i'm not quite sure how you would break it down by store and by item.... i think you would have to choose which sub-account is more helpful to you...

in that case, i'd do a spreadsheet that breaks it down further...

	ph

paula hendricks ~:~ san francisco ~:~ 415.567.2647
author ~:~ writer ~:~ photographer ~:~  book designer
paulahendricks.com ~:~ cinnabarbridge.com