Simple beginner help

Ian K ik522000 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 14 09:08:35 EDT 2014

In GnuCash the transaction's Description field can be used for the payee.
The reports don't let you select/sort by description, but I have got round
this by making custom spreadsheet reports. To do this I export transaction
data from GnuCash (using a Transaction Report then exporting the results to
HTML), and in the spreadsheet create a pivot table based on the HTML data.
This lets me do exactly what you asked - see how much I spend on groceries
in each store, for example.