GnuCash financial software

RF RLF_Software at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 25 16:34:41 EDT 2014

Thanks to you all for the reply and info.

I've since learned that the correct term for the "automatic downloads"
is "Direct Connect". That's the protocol used by Quicken but other
like-software use it too. There's another protocol called "Web Connect".
The financial institution will list which it uses and if it only says
Quicken and/or MS Money, then that would be Direct Connect - as I
understand it.

 From your responses, I'll have to try GnuCash and see. By "automatic",
ideally that would be when I log into the program I would click a
designated button locally and all the online accounts I set up with it
would update and present the information locally. I could live with
having to go to each account listed in GnuCash and clich a button will
update them each, one at a time. But if I have to log into each online
financial account manuallyand download the data locally, then import it
into GnuCash, that won't work for me.

I've tried to use financial software in past years but they have always
had some glitch that becomes exasperating and dealing with it wrecks my
work schedule. I'm just to busy. Lets' see how it goes this time.

Thanks again,
Bret