GnuCash with SQL and remembering Payee addresses for printing checks

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 27 11:40:21 EDT 2014

Some people are single-issue voters, some others are
single-issue-software-users.  *shrugs*

A quick history lesson.  GnuCash started as a personal finance app.
When the business features were added (which include the Customer/Vendor
database), it was added as a plugin.  The rest of the app (including
check printing) had no knowledge of the business features.  More
recently the business features were merged into the main code (no longer
a separate module), so down the road the check printing *could* know
about the vendor database.  But right now it's still not there, yet.

As for what you can do...  patches are always welcome  :)

-derek