Handling charitable donation as a discount on an invoice

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Tue Oct 28 08:52:43 EDT 2014

Kevin Wilson wrote:

> No other suggestions on this? Darn.
>
> On 27/10/2014 8:23 AM, Kevin Wilson wrote:
>
>> Thanks Mike. I understand what you're saying, but in this case the
>> invoice was issued and paid way back in January, so I have to deal
>> with it as-is.
>>
>> Kevin

OK, the problem here is that it was a "done deal" (in the past).

How about if we (first) generalize the problem? I'm not a user of the
business functions so no personal experience. Those of you who are, try
answering this question. What do you do in a case where when an invoice
comes back in with payment, instead of there being just one check there
are two? (totaling to the full amount of the invoice). Surely not that
uncommon for an invoice to be paid by more than one payment.

There IS a relationship between this problem and the one being asked.

Michael