How to debug ofx download?

Steve Kelem steve at kelem.net
Fri Oct 31 16:22:46 EDT 2014

   Hi. I'm trying to download transactions from my credit union through
   GnuCash.
   I'm getting invalid sign-in errors, but I need more info on where the
   OFX DirectConnect User Setup fields are used when talking to my credit
   union.
   (It used to work, but the credit union changed something.)
   Their new ids are:
   ORG: TECHCUDC
   Branding ID: 15079
   FID: 121181976
   OFX URL: [1]https://m.techcu.com/ofxserver/ofxsrvr.dll
   The error message I'm getting is:
   22:43:51 Status for signon request: Signon invalid (Code 15500,
   severity "ERROR")
   The user cannot signon because he or she entered an invalid user ID or
   password.
   22:43:51 Status for account info request: Signon invalid (Code 15500,
   severity "ERROR")
   The user cannot signon because he or she entered an invalid user ID or
   password.
   The OFX DirectConnect User Setup has fields:

     User Name
     User Id
     Client UID
     Bank Name
     Broker Id
     FID
     ORG
     Server URL

   I'd like to be able to see a more verbose copy of the dialog to try to
   figure out what is supposed to go into the OFX User Setup fields.
   Thanks,
   Steve
   P.S. It's rough getting the info out of the credit union. They want to
   deal with only Quicken! Here's what they said after giving me those 4
   fields (which don't correspond directly to OFX fields!).

     This information that the member is requesting is information that
     Intuit controls and we were waiting for confirmation from them that
     it is OK to share this with our members . Just to ensure that we are
     not in violation of any contracts. I just received the go ahead from
     them.

     Please share this information with the member with the caveat that
     we do not support any other software other than Quicken and
     QuickBooks . If he encounters issues with his current software using
     this information, he will need to reach out to that software vendor
     for support. Also in future if we are required to make OFX server
     changes to support Quicken/Quickbooks these other SW may not work as
     expected.