How to debug ofx download?

Steve Kelem steve.kelem at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 03:52:58 EDT 2014

Hi. I'm trying to download transactions from my credit union through
GnuCash.
I'm getting invalid sign-in errors, but I need more info on where the OFX
DirectConnect User Setup fields are used when talking to my credit union.
(It used to work, but the credit union changed something.)

Their new ids are:
ORG: TECHCUDC
Branding ID: 15079
FID: 121181976
OFX URL: https://m.techcu.com/ofxserver/ofxsrvr.dll

The error message I'm getting is:
22:43:51 Status for signon request: Signon invalid (Code 15500, severity
"ERROR")
The user cannot signon because he or she entered an invalid user ID or
password.
22:43:51 Status for account info request: Signon invalid (Code 15500,
severity "ERROR")
The user cannot signon because he or she entered an invalid user ID or
password.

The OFX DirectConnect User Setup has fields:

User Name
User Id
Client UID
Bank Name
Broker Id
FID
ORG
Server URL

I'd like to be able to see a more verbose copy of the dialog to try to
figure out what is supposed to go into the OFX User Setup fields.

Thanks,
Steve

P.S. It's rough getting the info out of the credit union. They want to deal
with only Quicken! Here's what they said after giving me those 4 fields
(which don't correspond directly to OFX fields!).

This information that the member is requesting is information that Intuit
controls and we were waiting for confirmation from them that it is OK to
share this with our members . Just to ensure that we are not in violation
of any contracts. I just received the go ahead from them.

Please share this information with the member with the caveat that we do
not support any other software other than Quicken and QuickBooks . If he
encounters issues with his current software using this information, he will
need to reach out to that software vendor for support. Also in future if we
are required to make OFX server changes to support Quicken/Quickbooks these
other SW may not work as expected.