Stroring data in PostgreSQL ... create anew?

Tony Likhite tony at likhite.net
Thu Sep 4 23:09:31 EDT 2014

On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 6:05 PM, Matěj Cepl <mcepl at cepl.eu> wrote:

> Now, when I try to Save As data to postgresql (on RHEL-7) I get
> an error message "The file postgres://matej@localhost/gnucash
> already exists. Are you sure you want to overwrite it?" (why?
> I have just created an empty database) and when I say "Yes" it
> fails with "The server at URL postgres://matej@localhost/gnucash
> experienced an error or encountered bad or corrupt data."

I had this symptom with postgres and Lubuntu 14.04, and have no RHEL images
to check, but:

By default, GnuCash's postgres backend connects to port 5432. Postgres 9.3
on xUbuntu 14.04 listens on 5433. It may be worthwhile to check which port
your server is listening on or provide a port spec in the connection URI
(e.g. postgres://matej@localhost:5433/gnucash).

--
Tony Likhite