How to set Description on A/R when importing invoices

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 08:19:21 EDT 2014

On 7 September 2014 11:33, Arnd Vehling <Arnd at vehling.com> wrote:
> Hello Mike,
>
> thanx for the help. My cvs exporter populates the memo field. I just did
> start an import to double check this. The importer is showing a populated
> memo field in the preview but the memo field in the A/R account and
> description in the sales account are both empty.
>
> I am using "GnuCash 2.6.1 (This copy was built from rev 76cba80+ on
> 2014-02-19)" because i cant get the latest version compiled on ubuntu. I did
> follow the wiki for  ubuntu 14.04 but configure always bails out with
> "error: guile-config required but not found"

I assume it is 2.6.3 that you are trying to build, not the actual
latest code.  I had no trouble building 2.6.3 on 14.04 after
sudo apt-get build-dep gnucash
sudo apt-get install libdbd-{sqlite3,pgsql,mysql}  (as appropriate, if
using a database)
and for building from the tar file
sudo apt-get install swig
I did have to disable some errors when compiling, using
../configure --prefix=/path/to/install/to/gnucash
--enable-compile-warnings --with-html-engine=webkit
--disable-error-on-warning

Colin