How to set Description on A/R when importing invoices

Arnd Vehling Arnd at Vehling.Com
Mon Sep 8 02:10:27 EDT 2014

Hello Colin,

> I assume it is 2.6.3 that you are trying to build, not the actual
> latest code.

correct

> I had no trouble building 2.6.3 on 14.04 after
> sudo apt-get build-dep gnucash

this installs libguile-2.0 and libguile-2.0-dev, configure does work but
compiling doesnt.

Now the online instructions
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building#Ubuntu_14.04_LTS_.28Trusty_Tahr.29

"say" to purge guile 2.0 and replace it with 1.8 but it seems to forget
to tell you to install guile-1.8-dev too. After installing guile-1.8-dev
configure works and i just did successfully compile gnucash 2.6.3! Thanx.

So someone might want to change

"sudo apt-get install slib libgnomeui-common libgnomeui-dev guile-1.8
checkinstall"

"sudo apt-get install slib libgnomeui-common libgnomeui-dev guile-1.8
guile-1.8-dev checkinstall"

in the Wiki.

Anyone has an idea why the invoice import preview shows me a populated
Memo-field but the Memo-Field ends up beeing empty after an successfull
import? Maybe because it dont use the "Open imported invoices in Tab"
option because it would open up too many tabs?

And one question concerning the "account_posted" field. I assume if its
empty and you only have one account of type "Accounts Receivable" this
is automaticly used. So you only need to fill this field if you have
several accounst of type A/R. Correct?

In the python example this fieald is clearly empty:
http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.4/C/gnucash-guide/python-import-invoices.html

cheers,

   Arnd