How should I record outstanding expenses in GnuCash?

absconditus absconditus absconditus87 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 11:55:18 EDT 2014

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

1. I found the way Kevin described better than using Opening Equity
for outstanding charges because his does not bypass Expense accounts.
I am not sure which one you are suggesting I use.

2. "Your "TEST" opening balance had to have come from somewhere"

The problem is it is not yet a realised transaction. Furthermore, I
cannot record it as a future transaction because I do not know when I
will be able to make the payment.