Vehicle Insurance Premiums

Gregory Forster fgreg74 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 20:19:28 EDT 2014

You're making an extra needless step for yourself. However, to answer
your question, when you credit the insurance liability, you debit
insurance expense.  When you actually pay the liability, you debit the
liability and credit your cash account, much  like account payable in
an accrual accounting system.  However, other than large corporations,
I've never seen a strict accrual accounting system used.  They've always
been either a straight cash or hybrid accounting system.  WHat I do, is
hwne I get the bill and pay it, I credit my cash account and debit
expense.  Hope that helps.

Greg