Invoice Formatting gone haywire

Adam gnucash at snowstone.org.uk
Thu Sep 11 19:45:15 EDT 2014

Hi All,

I'm trying to get invoices in GNUCash (Windows) to look OK. I previously
had it working fine, but today I created a new set of books and the
invoices have gone crazy. The formatting is all wrong - my name and
address has moved to the left, where previously it was on the right, the
font has changed to something unreadable, there are about 30 blank lines
under the single item on the invoice, extra default writing has appeared
at the bottom etc.

I've spent the past couple of hours repeatedly uninstalling GNUCash
(including deleting registry entries and the gnucash folder in my user
folder) to try and get it back to a "normal" state but it's not helped
(and clearly it's not uninstalling completely as it's still opening up
my old accounts book by default once I re-install it).

How can I get GNUCash back to a default installation and how can I get
my invoices looking sensible?

Thanks,
Adam