2 questions on Gnu-cash

John j.gregory1 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Sep 18 19:20:35 EDT 2014

Xavier,

I couldn’t do anything with the transaction I wanted. I had not put any data in it. Now I see that it will not let me delete the transaction, and shows a cannot delete this transaction with a comment that it was marked as “void”. There is no data in the transaction except the desc, but I guess this is just accounting procedures.

I tried to enter the transaction again with the same letters but reverse capitalisation and it still showed the previous wording. I could however delete this transaction.

The only solution I found was to use different words or spelling. Then it was OK and I could use the new desc.

Thanks for your help.

John