2 questions on Gnu-cash

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Sep 19 07:53:57 EDT 2014

On Friday 19 September 2014 09:20:35 John wrote:
> Xavier,
>

> I couldn’t do anything with the transaction I wanted. I had not put
> any data in it. Now I see that it will not let me delete the
> transaction, and shows a cannot delete this transaction with a
> comment that it was marked as “void”. There is no data in the
> transaction except the desc, but I guess this is just accounting
> procedures.

You can temporarily unvoid your transaction, fix the spelling and void
it again.

And if you don't need an audit trail of your accounting history, you
could also choose to delete the transaction instead of voiding it.
Voiding is only necessary where an audit trail is required (legally or
otherwise) or you want to remember for yourself you once wrongly entered
the transaction.

Does that help ?

Regards,

Geert