Lot Link

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Sep 19 07:50:37 EDT 2014

On Thursday 18 September 2014 12:59:41 mark wrote:
> Can any one tell me what an entry in AR with 'Lot Link' in the Ref
> column is? There is a credit and debit in the amount of an invoice
> and it's payment that is parallel to the real posting of the invoice
> and it's payment. . If you delete on they both go away with no
> discernible effect on the accounts. I post invoices from the invoice
> editor and receive payment through the Find Invoice dialog box. Tise
> doesn't happen for all invoices posted and paid but I've noticed a
> fair number of these entries.
>
> I'm using GNUCash 2.6.3 on a Debian Squeeze distro.

A 'lot link' is a way to link invoices and payments. This was introduced
with GnuCash 2.6.0 so that credit notes could be implemented. It's a
technical implementation detail that unfortunately clutters up the AR/AR
account registers.

I have recently reworked this part of the code and starting with GnuCash
2.6.4 (expected by the end of the month) will handle this much more
sanely and will be able to clean up the redundant lot links via Action-
>Check & Repair.

> I tried searching the archive but clicking on this link
>
> https://lists.gnucash.org/search/?idxinfo=gnucash-user
>
> on the gnucash.org web site returns an error.

The search interface is indeed broken because the web app we used for
that is unfortunately no longer supported.

Derek has replaced the page yesterday in response to your message. The
very basic page that's there now explains how you can search the lists
in the meantime.

Regards,

Geert