Invoice Formatting gone haywire

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Sep 19 11:50:20 EDT 2014

On Friday 19 September 2014 11:39:48 Derek Atkins wrote:
> "David T." <sunfish62 at yahoo.com> writes:
> > Insofar as practically NOTHING on Windows is free, it seems to me
> > that using a free font that causes significant user disruption on
> > that platform begs the question.
> >
> > I note that there is another current thread on which a user
> > complains
> > about the Sans font specification on Windows, so it seems to me that
> > choosing this font as the default is not a good solution for the
> > Windows platform.
>
> It would require setting a different default font on different
> platforms.  I don't know how hard that would be to implement.
>
> Research/patches always welcome.  :)
>
> > David
>
> -derek

What I'm also curious about is why this has always worked fine until
recently. 'sans' is supposed to be interpreted by the underlying system
and be substituted by a suitable font.

For some reason this is not always the case anymore in say the last
couple of months. Is this since the appearance of Windows 8, or would it
be due to a bug in a more recent glib version ?

I don't know. But it may make sense to investigate this first before
papering over a bug that can/should be fixed.

Geert