Change ledger font

AC gnucash at acarver.net
Mon Sep 22 09:20:25 EDT 2014

On 2014-09-22 04:12, Geert Janssens wrote:
> On Sunday 21 September 2014 18:55:18 AC wrote:
>> On 2014-09-21 11:08, Geert Janssens wrote:
>>> Which changes did you make ?
>>
>> I specifically added:

>>> No these files define the possible themes available. Changing these
>>> won't make a difference.
>>>
>>> However, if your ledger stays green/tan that means you didn't change
>>> the preference inside gnucash that I pointed out to you:
>>> Edit->Preferences->Register->Use System Theme colors
>>>
>>> If you *don't* want the green/tan color scheme, you should *enable*
>>> this option.
>>
>> I did that, too, it didn't take my edits above, it still took the
>> system colors which ended up with an all white ledger.
>
> Exactly. That's what I meant with
>
>> I'll add that there is currently a bug in gnucash version that causes
>> the theme colors to be ignored. This bug will be fixed in the
>> upcoming gnucash 2.6.4.
>
> in one of my earlier replies.
>
> The theme changes you added above will only be work correctly as of
> GnuCash 2.6.4.

Right, but you also said that I could override the system colors with a
customized .gtkrc file but it appears one was never created which goes
against the procedures outlined in the websites you provided.  So
there's either an additional bug that the .gtkrc file isn't being
generated as it should -- even though a theme can be applied and
everything but the ledger colors change* -- or a very different file
name and location is used to store this data and the documentation is
out of date.

* I used the theme selector tool and was able to change the colors on
version 2.6.3.  The buttons, tabs, status bar, scroll bars, and other
visual features changed with the theme changes, only the ledger lines don't.