Change ledger font

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Sep 23 12:18:41 EDT 2014

On Monday 22 September 2014 06:20:25 AC wrote:
> On 2014-09-22 04:12, Geert Janssens wrote:
> >>
> >> I specifically added:

> >> I did that, too, it didn't take my edits above, it still took the
> >> system colors which ended up with an all white ledger.
> >
> > Exactly. That's what I meant with
> >
> >> I'll add that there is currently a bug in gnucash version that
> >> causes
> >> the theme colors to be ignored. This bug will be fixed in the
> >> upcoming gnucash 2.6.4.
> >
> > in one of my earlier replies.
> >
> > The theme changes you added above will only be work correctly as of
> > GnuCash 2.6.4.
>
> Right, but you also said that I could override the system colors with
> a customized .gtkrc file but it appears one was never created which
> goes against the procedures outlined in the websites you provided.
> So there's either an additional bug that the .gtkrc file isn't being
> generated as it should -- even though a theme can be applied and
> everything but the ledger colors change* -- or a very different file
> name and location is used to store this data and the documentation is
> out of date.

No the documentation is still current.

> * I used the theme selector tool and was able to change the colors on
> version 2.6.3.  The buttons, tabs, status bar, scroll bars, and other
> visual features changed with the theme changes, only the ledger lines
> don't.
This definitely means that a .gtkrc-2.0 file has been generated. If not
these theme changes would not have been visible.

The only reasons I can imagine for not finding this in your home
directory would be either:
1. either your folder preferences hide this file for you
2. or you have altered the value of the HOME environment variable to
point somewhere else. Is such a line in
\program files (x86)\gnucash\etc\gnucash\environment ?

Geert