Change ledger font

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Sep 25 12:17:15 EDT 2014

On Thursday 25 September 2014 09:01:09 AC wrote:
> On 2014-09-25 06:00, Geert Janssens wrote:
> > On Wednesday 24 September 2014 07:12:07 AC wrote:
> >> On 2014-09-24 00:44, Geert Janssens wrote:
> > Let me repeat that changing the register colors will not work in any
> > version of gnucash 2.6.3 and older. If you want to test your changes
> > you can try a recent nightly build [1] or wait for gnucash 2.6.4 to
> > be released (which will be very soon now).
>
> Yes, I did use the "Apply to all users" feature so that would explain
> the difference.  Leaving that unselected does indeed generate the
> original .gtkrc-2.0 file that you initially suggested and that I could
> not find.

Thanks for the confirmation. And what is in
c:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\etc\gtk-2.0\gtkrc

Does it also contain the changes you set via the theme selection tool ?

> I do want to report that I have actually, successfully, changed the
> register colors using these files using 2.6.3.  I'm not sure what bug
> is at issue but it did change for me.  I chose 'System theme colors'
> in the preferences and then edited the above gtkrc file (the
> system-wide version, not the user specific one) and the ledger
> changed color with no problems.  I was not able to change the text
> colors only because I don't know how to address that part but the row
> backgrounds did change from green/tan to whatever I chose (currently
> gold/dark gold just for fun).
>
> Since color changes is working I wanted to get the appropriate widget
> names that would let me change the font colors of the lines.
> Background color is working well, just need the font color so I can
> change it to white on dark row backgrounds.
The widget names are the same, but it's exactly the font color changes
that don't work until my patch from earlier this month is applied.

Sorry for confusing you with my statement former statement about
"register colors" in general.

Geert