Change ledger font

AC gnucash at acarver.net
Thu Sep 25 12:32:17 EDT 2014

On 2014-09-25 09:17, Geert Janssens wrote:
> On Thursday 25 September 2014 09:01:09 AC wrote:
>>> Let me repeat that changing the register colors will not work in any
>>> version of gnucash 2.6.3 and older. If you want to test your changes
>>> you can try a recent nightly build [1] or wait for gnucash 2.6.4 to
>>> be released (which will be very soon now).
>>
>> Yes, I did use the "Apply to all users" feature so that would explain
>> the difference.  Leaving that unselected does indeed generate the
>> original .gtkrc-2.0 file that you initially suggested and that I could
>> not find.
>>
> Thanks for the confirmation. And what is in
> c:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\etc\gtk-2.0\gtkrc
>
> Does it also contain the changes you set via the theme selection tool ?

No, it does not.  It never changes.  Only the user's local version (if I
leave off the 'Apply to all users') or the system wide version change.

The file only contains a single line:

gtk-theme-name = "Nimbus" (this is not the theme I have chosen)

The other files all start with a comment saying the file is auto generated.

>> I do want to report that I have actually, successfully, changed the
>> register colors using these files using 2.6.3.  I'm not sure what bug
>> is at issue but it did change for me.  I chose 'System theme colors'
>> in the preferences and then edited the above gtkrc file (the
>> system-wide version, not the user specific one) and the ledger
>> changed color with no problems.  I was not able to change the text
>> colors only because I don't know how to address that part but the row
>> backgrounds did change from green/tan to whatever I chose (currently
>> gold/dark gold just for fun).
>>
>> Since color changes is working I wanted to get the appropriate widget
>> names that would let me change the font colors of the lines.
>> Background color is working well, just need the font color so I can
>> change it to white on dark row backgrounds.
> The widget names are the same, but it's exactly the font color changes
> that don't work until my patch from earlier this month is applied.
>
> Sorry for confusing you with my statement former statement about
> "register colors" in general.

No problem, I was indeed very confused when you said I couldn't change
colors yet I could.  Now I understand, the very colors I want to change
(the font) I can't because of the bug.  Makes much more sense.

So in theory, my addition of text[NORMAL] and fg[NORMAL] should have
worked if the bug weren't present, correct?