Change ledger font

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Sep 25 13:19:12 EDT 2014

On Thursday 25 September 2014 09:32:17 AC wrote:
> On 2014-09-25 09:17, Geert Janssens wrote:
> >>
> >> Yes, I did use the "Apply to all users" feature so that would
> >> explain
> >> the difference.  Leaving that unselected does indeed generate the
> >> original .gtkrc-2.0 file that you initially suggested and that I
> >> could not find.
> >
> > Thanks for the confirmation. And what is in
> > c:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\etc\gtk-2.0\gtkrc
> >
> > Does it also contain the changes you set via the theme selection
> > tool ?
> No, it does not.  It never changes.  Only the user's local version (if
> I leave off the 'Apply to all users') or the system wide version
> change.
>
> The file only contains a single line:
>
> gtk-theme-name = "Nimbus" (this is not the theme I have chosen)
>
> The other files all start with a comment saying the file is auto
> generated.

Thanks for the update. That's somehow inconsistent with how I understood
the virtual store concept of Windows to behave. But then again, I only
read about it in theory. I don't have a real system to test it with. So
there's a very real chance I misunderstood :)

> No problem, I was indeed very confused when you said I couldn't change
> colors yet I could.  Now I understand, the very colors I want to
> change (the font) I can't because of the bug.  Makes much more sense.
>
> So in theory, my addition of text[NORMAL] and fg[NORMAL] should have
> worked if the bug weren't present, correct?

Yes. I have just double-checked using text[NORMAL].

Geert