Bill and invoice line items missing

Thomas Smith theitsmith at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 22:39:50 EDT 2015

 Hi,

I spent the day entering, posting and marking bills as paid. Some of that
data is billable to customers, so I went back in a little bit ago to begin
invoicing for that and noticed that some of the bill and invoice items seem
to be missing.

I say "seem to be" as the corresponding entries (for billing) appear in the
AP account, just not in the associated vendor bill (the invoices hadn't
been posted yet, so there's really nothing to compare those against--except
that the line items are missing and I know they were there before [they
were actually there when I opened the data file but then disappeared as I
began working with them]).

An example would be that bill 20 shows a post date of 2/18/2015 with a paid
date of the same. However, there's a single line items that contains no
data except for a date of 12/31/1969. When I look in the AP account for
this transaction, the bill and associated payment are present. When I look
at the Vendor Listing, everything is showing a $0.00 balance (as it should).

I wildcard searched for all bills and opened random ones before and after
this bill and everything appears to be correct, so this seems to be the
only item affected.

So the two issues (which may or may not be related, and which I would very
much appreciate some help with) are:

- Line item from posted vendor bill is missing, but data is present in the
AP account.
- Line items from several unposted customer invoices are missing (these are
easy to recreate but it's a concern that they disappeared in the first
place).

Note, too, that I created a backup copy of the data file and ran "Check &
Repair All"--this had no affect on the problem.

I'm not really sure what to do from here and I'm reluctant to enter any
additional data until these issues is resolved.

Thank you,

~ Tom

Platform details:

- OS X 10.10.2
- GnuCash 2.6.5-6 (built from rev 23d0f79+ on 2014-12-20)--this is
installed via Home Brew Cask.
- Data file is located on a private WebDAV share but I'm the only one who
accesses or uses it (the data file and the share).