Bill and invoice line items missing

Thomas Smith theitsmith at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 16:41:06 EDT 2015

Hi,

Just a follow up on this...

It seems that the line items in vendor bill 20 is somehow linked to several
of the most recent (but unposted) invoices I created. For example, I
manually reversed bill 20--unposted it and also removed the associated
payment transaction--and then re-entered the line item and posted and paid
it. I referred back to 4 of the most recent invoices I had created to
complete and post them and they all had the line item I had just entered on
bill 20, except without the account field populated.

As a test, I removed this line item from one of the invoices and then
viewed the other invoices and the bill and the same line item was missing
from all of them.

I also seems that this problem only occurs if I "x" the "Billable?" column
in the vendor bill--so if I don't "x" that column, the line items don't
appear in the other invoices. This problem shows itself when the bill is
posted--there is no duplication before then.

I'm not really sure what to do with this, any help would be appreciated.
I've been using GnuCash for a while now (though I'm just starting to use
the vendor billing functionality) and it's worked well so far--but this
problem is kind of a large one, I can't really do any billing or invoicing
when I can't rely on the consistency of the data.

If there's additional information I can provide, please let me know and I
will do so.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Thank you.

~ Tom