Tracking internet purchases to verify that I have paid applicable sales tax.

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Sat Apr 4 16:07:09 EDT 2015

Thu, 2 Apr 2015 18:57:05
<6E088F8E-20A5-458F-9AA3-7EF1045B424B at editide.us>  John Morris
<johnjeff at editide.us>

>  It has occurred to me that I could use the Action field to the left
>of the memo and notes fields. An advantage of this is that I don't
>currently use that field for anything. However, it is somewhat limited
>because the field is so small.

Actually it is enormous.  You can shove a .jpg into the db field there
if you are silly enough and encode it correctly depending on your
backend.

>(Yes, I know I can change the field sizes,

How do you do that?

>but then I would be making the Number field much larger than needed and
>taking space from the other, more important, fields.)

hang on, are you equating space on screen with space in general?

> Therefore, I have not pursued this avenue and don't know if it would
>work better or worse than my current system.

Let me put it this way, if you use a 10000 character description for a
transaction gnc will happily store it.  The size of display and the
storage of textual parts is not connected.

--
Wm...