desktop

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Apr 5 22:17:04 EDT 2015

> On Apr 5, 2015, at 6:59 PM, Tom Saccent <sactom1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> John,
> Thanks for your reply, but I forgot to mention that I am using Mac Yosemite operating system. I moved it to my HD but it can't find the files. What do you suggest?

Please remember to copy the list on all replies using “reply all” (the double-left-pointing arrow icon).

You moved what to your HD? What files can’t what find?

I’ll speculate: You moved your account file by dragging its icon to the “Macintosh HD” icon in the upper-right corner of the desktop. Is that right? Did you get a dialog box telling you that it required that you authenticate as an administrator? Did you? If so, your file is at the root of the filesystem, which isn’t a good place for it, but GnuCash’s File>Open dialog can navigate there if you click the “File System” entry in the “Places” panel on the left. However, I strongly recommend that you instead move it (with Finder) somewhere in your home directory and then use File>Open to open it from there.

It sounds like you might need to get a copy of David Pogue’s “Yosemite: The Missing Manual”, http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920032731.do <http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920032731.do>, and work through it.

Regards,
John Ralls