Which stable version of GnuCash should I move to?

L. D. James ljames at apollo3.com
Mon Apr 6 01:01:52 EDT 2015

I'm not sure about Windows, but it might not  be that easy with Linux.
The different versions may use some different shared libraries that,
depending on the way you install it, might interfere.

However, if you do upgrade and have problems with the upgrade, you can
download (install) the distro version the way originally did. I'm sure
you are missing out on some important patches and updates by having such
a difference in version number.  It's unlikely that you'd have problems
with all the versions in between the one you're using and the latest.

By the way, you could have two different versions installed if you are
careful enough with the way you install the second one as to ensure that
you're installing it in a different location.

But again, once an update has been certified as stable, you can almost
be sure that there has been enough testing that you'll have a level of
support to assist with normal glitches that might occur with your upgrade.

-- L. James

--
L. D. James
ljames at apollo3.com