Which stable version of GnuCash should I move to?

Santhosh Paul editor.smp at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 11:39:16 EDT 2015

Kim,

     Yes, I'm being cautious, because I've read that data files
created by experimental versions may not be compatible with regular
flavors of Gnucash. What I'm using is a developmental version. If I
update my existing working installation only to discover that my data
file cannot be opened, I'd have landed myself in a pretty pickle.
Hence, my abundant caution. Gnucash has transformed my life; six years
of data are invested in my data file. Yes, I'm treading gingerly. :-)

But Plutocrat's idea looks best. Install the latest portable app and
see if it opens my data file. If it does, then I'll be ready for the
move.

Thanks to all who responded.

Santhosh