Which stable version of GnuCash should I move to?

Plutocrat plutocrat at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 00:01:51 EDT 2015

Santhosh Paul wrote on Tuesday, 07 April, 2015 11:39 PM:
> But Plutocrat's idea looks best. Install the latest portable app and
> see if it opens my data file. If it does, then I'll be ready for the
> move.

It will almost definitely open the data file. However moving from 2.4.x to 2.6.x I'd guess there were some changes in the underlying data structure, so you wouldn't be able to take the same file back to a 2.4.x install.

Definitely open a COPY of your data file. Maybe run them in parallel for a couple of weeks, performing the same operations in each version. Then you're good to switch!